If she’ll make a train take a dirt road, does that mean she’s pretty or ugly? Nicole from Plano, Texas, overheard the idiom in the Zach Brown Band’s song “Different Kind of Fine.” The idea is an ugliness is so powerful it can derail a train. But as Zach Brown sings, looks aren’t all that makes a lady fine. This is part of a complete episode.
- Scat Cat 09/17/2016: The dilemma continues over how to spell dilemma! Grant and Martha try to suss out the backstory of why some people spell that word with... [more]
- We have the results! 09/13/2016: Help support A Way with Words broadcasts and podcasts by making a donation now. Dear friends, Last week we sent out a simple survey to tens of... [more]
- Pop Stand 07/29/2016: When it comes to learning new things, what's on your bucket list? A retired book editor decided to try to learn Latin, and ended up... [more]
- Punch List 07/22/2016: Books for sale, books for free, and wisdom passed down through the ages. Libraries aren't just repositories for books -- they're often a great place... [more]
- Sweet Dreams 06/17/2016: In deafening workplaces, like sawmills and factories, workers develop their own elaborate sign language to discuss everything from how their weekend went to when the... [more]