A Way with Words is produced and operated by a nonprofit, and like all people who run organizations on a frugal budget, we welcome volunteers who’d like to be involved.
New volunteer opportunities arise all the time. If you’d like to be one of the people we contact when we need a little help, please send us an email with:
- Your name.
- Your email address and phone number.
- Your location.
- A little about your past work or volunteer experience.
- What you’d be willing to do as a volunteer.
- A list of your special skills we might use.
Here’s a partial list of what a volunteer might be asked to do:
- Keep a spreadsheet up to date.
- Light bookkeeping.
- Light paper or digital correspondence.
- Updating file descriptions in online archives.
- Helping with setup, breakdown, and audiences at live events.
- Adding tags or descriptions to past episodes and segments in a content management system.
- Proofing or lightly copyediting documents.
- Approving comments and deleting spam on the website.