Canadian binding
 n.— «It was initially a spiral-bound paperback, but when consumers could not easily find it on bookstore shelves, Firefly worked with its printer, Friesen’s, to wrap a spine around the wire-o binding. Now known as “Canadian binding” among some publishers, the method allows a hardcover book to lay flat while open.» —“Firefly Readies New Edition of Its Bestselling Book” by Lynn Andriani PW Daily Aug. 24, 2006. (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Tagged with →  

  1. Jorn Barger says:

    “lay flat”??? Publishers Weekly?!?!?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.