Currently viewing the category: "Segments"
These are discrete parts, or segments, of whole episodes.
- A Shoo-in 01/13/2018: This week it’s butterflies, belly flowers, plot bunnies, foxes, and cuckoos. Also, writing advice from Mark Twain and a wonderful bit of prose from Sara... [more]
- Noon of Night 01/06/2018: As a kid, you may have played that game where you phone someone to say, "Is your refrigerator running? Then you better go catch it!"... [more]
- Hot Dog, Cold Turkey 12/23/2017: Why do we call a frankfurter a hot dog? It seems an unsettling 19th-century rumor is to blame. Also, if someone quits something abruptly, why... [more]
- Brand Spanking New 12/18/2017: Take a look back at some notable words and phrases from 2017: Remember path of totality? How about milkshake duck? Also, a committee has to... [more]
- The Last Straw 12/11/2017: In this episode, books for word lovers, from a collection of curious words to some fun with Farsi. • Some people yell "Geronimo!" when they... [more]