Bill Cosby is perhaps the latest but certainly not the first celebrity whom the public has fallen out of love with over something terrible they did that went public. Is there a term for this kind of mass disenchantment with a celebrity? This is part of a complete episode.
- Pants on Fire 10/16/2017: A highly anticipated children's book and the epic history behind a familiar vegetable: fans of illustrator Maurice Sendak eagerly await publication of a newly discovered... [more]
- A Way with Words Honors Leaders Who Promote Literacy and Dialogue 10/12/2017: The first-ever “Word by Word” awards were presented by A Way With Words co-hosts Martha Barnette and Grant Barrett as part of a sold-out celebration... [more]
- Frozen Rope 10/09/2017: Where would you find a sports commentator talking about high cheese and ducks on a pond? Here's a hint: both terms are part of what... [more]
- Lie Like a Rug 08/26/2017: The words we choose can change attitudes — and change lives. A swing-dance instructor has switched to gender-neutral language when teaching couples. He says that... [more]
- Pig Latin 08/19/2017: Grant and Martha discuss the L-word — or two L-words, actually: liberal and libertarian. They reflect different political philosophies, so why do they look so... [more]