Home » Dictionary » chatter bump

chatter bump

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  • It’s not explicitly British. All the citations above and most of the uses I found were North American. Also, I don’t believe “rumble strips” are the same things, which is why the editorial note specifies that “chatter bumps” occur naturally (which “rumble strips” do not) and that “chatter bumps” are created artificially for testing purposes of automobiles (which “rumble strips” are not, as far as I can tell).

Further reading

In the Ballpark (episode #1608)

Novelist Charles Dickens and the musician Prince were very different types of artists, but they also had a lot in common. A new book chronicling...

Um, Actually Word Game

On the game show Um, Actually, the host reads out a series of supposed facts about various geeky subjects, and contestants must interject with the...

Turn Left at the Whoopsy-Daisy

Linda from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, gives directions to her remote home by telling people to turn left after the whoopsy-daisy, her term for a...

Old College Try (episode #1607)

In just seconds, online text generators and chatbots can produce whole paragraphs of sophisticated prose. But what do advances in artificial...