n.— «The term “flood” insurance parlance refers to damages caused by the “rising of navigable waters.” In the New York area, he says, most carriers issue a limit of $1 or $2 million, with more coverage being prohibitively expensive. That being said, “I recommend the purchase of whatever flood coverage the carrier offers,” he says. Often, flood coverage is bundled with earthquake coverage in what the industry calls “flake” (flood and quake).» —“Covering the Gaps” by Raanan Geberer The Cooperator Aug., 2009. (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Tagged with →  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.