In rugby and soccer to kick into touch means to “kick a ball out of play.” The phrase by extension is used in British English mean to “take some kind of action so that a decision is postponed” or otherwise get rid of a problem. This is part of a complete episode.
- Hell's Half Acre 03/28/2017: Hundreds of years ago, the word girl didn't necessarily mean a female child — in the 14th and 15th centuries, it could refer to a... [more]
- Chop Chop Wiki Wiki 03/28/2017: A San Diego, California, guy says his high school history teacher used the phrase chop chop wiki wiki meaning "Hurry up!" The first part of... [more]
- More Names for a Dad-Focused Baby Shower 03/28/2017: Listeners respond to our discussion about what to call a baby shower for the dad-to-be, suggesting Huggies and chuggies, beer shower, beer for diapers, diaper... [more]
- Gaywater 03/28/2017: Gaywater is not the opposite of conversion therapy. It's a southern American term for whiskey, especially the illegal kind. This is part of a complete... [more]
- The True Origins of "the Real McCoy" 03/28/2017: Why do we describe something that's genuine or authentic as the real McCoy? It has nothing to do with trains or an inventor! This is... [more]