In mining country, a stripper is an huge piece of machinery churns up the soil in search of coal veins. This caused no end of hilarity one Christmas Day for a Terre Haute, Indiana, family when a new in-law was scandalized by the thought that all the menfolk were enthusiastically heading out to see a new stripper. This is part of a complete episode.
- Periodic Table Word Game 02/20/2017: Quiz Guy John Chaneski's puzzle is inspired by the periodic table, and involves adding the chemical symbol for an element to one word in order... [more]
- Light Bulbs Mean Ideas 02/20/2017: In comic strips, a bright idea is symbolized by a light bulb over a character's head. This association between an incandescent bulb and inspiration was... [more]
- More Things To Say To A Late Coworker 02/20/2017: Listeners weigh in on a call about what language to use with a co-worker who continually apologizes for being late, but doesn't change their behavior.... [more]
- "In Like Flynn" Origins 02/20/2017: To be in like Flynn means to be "quickly and easily successful." The phrase has long been associated with hard-living heartthrob Errol Flynn but was... [more]
- Five Minutes Of Eleven 02/20/2017: If two people are like five minutes of eleven, they're close friends. The phrase reflects the idea of the position of a clock's hands at... [more]