Public Radio Nonprofit Development Associate
Wayword, Inc., the nonprofit entity producing the nationwide public radio program A Way with Words, seeks an experienced development and fundraising associate to maximize our growing revenue potential by securing financial support through traditional and nontraditional approaches.
The right individual will capitalize on our years of growth to find individuals, foundations, and corporations who believe in Wayword’s mission and want to join its current and future success.
This is a full-time position.
Primary responsibilities include
- Maintaining and growing relationships with existing donors.
- Forming new relationships with potential donors.
- Beginning the process of investigating and initiating a donor-tracking system.
Experience and Abilities Required
- Prior substantial and successful employment in nonprofit fundraising and development, including a track record as a driver of fundraising growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- High level of organization.
- Highest ethical standards.
Experience and Abilities Preferred
- While this is not primarily a grant-writing position, basic grant-writing and grant-reporting skills are welcomed.
- Experience with major giving and long-term donor development.
- Residence in or near San Diego preferred, but location elsewhere will be considered if you meet or exceed other requirements.
About the Organization
Wayword, Inc. is a California not-for-profit corporation (IRS-approved §501(c)(3) status) whose focus is to create and distribute the public radio program A Way with Words, hosted by Martha Barnette and Grant Barrett, and produced by Stefanie Levine. The program is about language examined through history, culture and family.
Wayword’s mission is to promote lifelong learning and better human understanding, and to change the way people think about language. Its nonprofit partners and supporters, both individuals and organizations, share its mission.
Wayword is not owned or operated by any other company. It receives no funding or support from National Public Radio or any other radio network, nor from any radio station.
The nonprofit is primarily funded through individual and corporate donations, grants from foundations, corporate sponsorships, and public events that educate and entertain at the same time they fulfill the nonprofit’s mission.
More information about the company and its mission can be found here: http://waywordradio.org/about/.
To Apply for This Job
Please send all of the following by email only to email@example.com, with “Development Associate” in the subject line. No calls or applications by postal mail will be accepted, nor will applications made by any other method.
- A detailed cover letter of at least one full page explaining how you are qualified for the job as described above, why you are applying for the job, and what you can do that sets you apart from others.
- A detailed resume showing relevant job history.
- Salary history.
- Three professional references.