The terms cuddle death, piping, tooting, quacking, drone comet, and waggle dance are all part of the parlance of beekeepers. The book Queenspotting by Hilary Kearney details these and other bee-related terms. Kearney’s website, Girl Next Door Honey, has much more about all things apiary. This is part of a complete episode.
- Scooter-Pooting (episode #1574) 07/26/2021: Old. Elderly. Senior. Why are we so uncomfortable when we talk about reaching a certain point in life? An 82-year-old seeks a more positive term... [more]
- Gold Dance (episode #1573) 07/12/2021: People who hunt treasure with metal detectors have a lingo all their own. Canslaw means the shreds of aluminum cans left after a lawnmower ran... [more]
- By a Long Shot (episode #1572) 06/28/2021: Imagine telling someone how to get to your home, but without using the name of your street, or any other street within ten miles. Could... [more]
- When Pigs Fly (episode #1571) 06/14/2021: Don't move my cheese! It's a phrase middle managers use to talk about adapting to change in the workplace. Plus, the origin story of the... [more]
- Cool Beans (episode #1570) 05/31/2021: If you speak a second or third language, you may remember the first time you dreamed in that new tongue. But does this milestone mean... [more]