n.— «The roughly 18 1/2-by-12 1/2-inch size is also known as the “European midi” (France’s Le Monde uses it) or, really grimly, as “qualoid,” as in quality tabloid.» —“For U.S. newspapers, future may be in tabloid size” by Steve Johnson Kansas City Star (Kan., Mo.) Nov. 12, 2004. (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Tagged with →  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.