racing plate
 n.— «Racehorse shoes are referred to as “racing plates,” and the farriers who put the shoes on the horses sometimes are called “platers.”…Racing plates are thin, sleek, and made of shiny aluminum, not hammered out of red-hot steel like regular horseshoes.» —“How to help a hoof” by Jim Warren Herald-Leader (Lexington, Ky.) Apr. 7, 2006. (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Tagged with →  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.