n.— «The bricks laid longways are called stretchers; the bricks laid crossways, so that you can only see one end, are called headers. In English bond, the courses of stretchers and headers alternate. In Flemish bond, each course has alternating headers and stretchers.» —“The name’s Bond, Flemish Bond” by Christopher Howse Telegraph May 28, 2007. (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Tagged with →  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.