An Indianapolis, Indiana, listener says that his mother-in-law was asked by a child where she was going, would jokingly sing that she was “going to the Turkey trot trot trot, across the lot, lot, lot, feeling fine, fine, fine until Thanksgiving time. Trouble. Trouble trouble. Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble on the double.” Sounds like she was singing a version of the Turkey Trot Blues. This is part of a complete episode.
- Steamed Bun 03/20/2017: This week: Do you ever find yourself less-than-specific about your age? Listeners share some of their favorite phrases for fudging that number, like: "Oh, I'm... [more]
- Fudging Your Age 03/20/2017: In a discussion our Facebook group, a woman shares her mother-in-law's favorite expression for fudging her age. This is part of a complete episode. ... [more]
- Stir Crazy 03/20/2017: A triathlete in Traverse City, Michigan, calls to say she's going stir-crazy while recuperating from an injury. The term stir-crazy makes sense if you know... [more]
- Ways to Say Your Age 03/20/2017: In our Facebook group, listeners share ways to refer to someone who's lived a half-century or more: 50-plus, member of the 600 Month Club, 29... [more]
- Plenty Nine 03/20/2017: A witty euphemism from our Facebook group for discussing one's age: I'm plenty-nine. This is part of a complete episode. ... [more]