Home » Food and Meals » Zarf Hot Drink Sleeves

Zarf Hot Drink Sleeves

Play episode

What do you call the cardboard sleeve that goes over a paper cup to keep your hand from getting too hot? A San Antonio, Texas, listener knows that the technical term for this sleeve is zarf, a word that comes from Arabic, originally denoting an ornamental holder for a ceramic coffee or tea cup. But what do you say when you know the technical term for something but you suspect that your listener does not? This is part of a complete episode.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More from this show

Food and Meals