As part of our nonprofit’s educational mission the co-hosts of A Way with Words take part in lively public events across the country. Separately and together, they are adept public speakers who entertain, delight, inform, and inspire by bringing their witty erudition to any room.
Call (619) 567-9673 or email email@example.com to ask Martha Barnette and Grant Barrett to entertain.
For more information on what they can do for your organization:
“Words Alive could not have chosen a more perfect team in Martha Barnette and Grant Barrett to emcee our 2011 Annual Authors’ Luncheon. Held every year as the centerpiece event of our organization, the luncheon celebrates literacy, Words Alive’s role in the community, and its supporters. Few speakers have been able to connect their message to Words Alive’s audience in a more passionate, impactful way as Martha and Grant. We’re truly grateful for their participation – and are convinced that their participation played a significant role in making the event a major success!” — Patrick Stewart, Executive Director, Words Alive literacy organization, San Diego, California
Choose Your Own Event and Audience
- Emceeing and hosting
- Schools (we have a killer slang presentation!)
- Corporate events (Martha’s diversity talk is in high demand)
- Professional conferences
- Panels (as moderator)
- Formal interviews (as interviewer)
- Academic conferences
- Commencement addresses
- Charity dinners
- Awards presentations
- Language change and new words
- New slang
- Language diversity
- Workplace diversity
- The value of mentorship
- The reading life
- Motivational stories
- Taboo words
- Word histories
- Turning office writing into a pleasure
- Anything-goes Q&A
- Preparing yourself for the media
- Your clients
- Your donors
- Corporate staff
- Professional staff
- College students
- High school students
- K-12 assemblies
- Church groups
- Business fraternities
- Youth groups
- General public
- Wayword, Inc., the nonprofit on whose behalf Martha and Grant appear, is paid a fee for their public appearances.
- Expenses, including accommodations, airfare, transportation, and other incidentals, are covered by the client organization.
- Martha and Grant fly out of San Diego.