facet block
 n.— «What kind of shot did Drew get? “Just basically, it’s called a “facet block,” it has a little cortisone in it,” Drew said. “[I] had an epidural last year a couple of times, and neither one of them really seemed to take good effect. [They] maybe helped a little bit, but not a whole lot. After talking with some folks and the chiropractor, they thought this one might help free me up a little bit.”» —“Drew aiming to get in Friday’s lineup” by Ian Browne MLB.com Mar. 3, 2009. (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

Tagged with →  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.