Quiz Guy John Chaneski tees up a trivia quiz about how sports teams got their names. For example, are the Cleveland Browns so named because one of their founders was named Paul Brown, or because of the orange-brown clay on the banks of the Cuyahoga River? This is part of a complete episode.
- Flee Fly Flo 01/02/2017: Wrapping up 2016 with words from the past year and some newsy limericks. Bigly and Brexit were on lots of lips this year, as well... [more]
- To Be Honest With You 01/02/2017: What does a person really mean when she starts a statement with "to be honest with you"? It's important not to take such expressions too... [more]
- Zika 01/02/2017: Unfortunately, one word of the year candidate for 2016 is Zika, the name of the mosquito-borne virus linked to devastating birth defects. This is part... [more]
- Year-End Limerick Quiz 01/02/2017: What's an end-of-the-year episode without Quiz Guy John Chaneski's limericks about words in the news? This is part of a complete episode. ... [more]
- Gaslighting 01/02/2017: A listener in Tampa, Florida, was discussing the 2016 presidential election when the term gaslighted came up. Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in... [more]