The father of one of Martha’s friends had all sorts lots of funny sayings, like the one he’d use during a lull in a conversation: “Do you live around here or do you ride a bicycle?” He’d also respond to, “Are you ready to leave?” with “I stay ready, so I don’t have to get ready.” We’re betting that every family has these kinds of goofy, memorable lines. One name for them: Dadisims. This is part of a complete episode.
- Scooter-Pooting (episode #1574) 07/26/2021: Old. Elderly. Senior. Why are we so uncomfortable when we talk about reaching a certain point in life? An 82-year-old seeks a more positive term... [more]
- Gold Dance (episode #1573) 07/12/2021: People who hunt treasure with metal detectors have a lingo all their own. Canslaw means the shreds of aluminum cans left after a lawnmower ran... [more]
- By a Long Shot (episode #1572) 06/28/2021: Imagine telling someone how to get to your home, but without using the name of your street, or any other street within ten miles. Could... [more]
- When Pigs Fly (episode #1571) 06/14/2021: Don't move my cheese! It's a phrase middle managers use to talk about adapting to change in the workplace. Plus, the origin story of the... [more]
- Cool Beans (episode #1570) 05/31/2021: If you speak a second or third language, you may remember the first time you dreamed in that new tongue. But does this milestone mean... [more]